Digital Thermostat EL06
From idea to product
Due to our many years of experience in the field of individual room control, our own digital thermostat was created. During the development of the room controller, great importance was attached to important and useful functions. In-house software development could offer corresponding flexibility. The room temperature controllers are electronic controllers in an elegant design for mounting in a submerged socket. Appealing in design, convincing in its handling and function. The Digital Thermostat is ideal as a temperature controller for water-bearing underfloor heating as well as electric heaters. The controller measures the room temperature with the internal one and closes the heating contact if the setpoint temperature falls below the setpoint temperature. Alternatively, the external sensor can be used to control the soil temperature. The clear LCD display allows intuitive operation and creation of a daily program. The target value is divided into 24 hours in the daily program and can be defined independently for each day of the week. Many other functions as well as various parameters leave nothing to be desired.
- Working voltage: AC 230V
- Power consumption: <1W (VA)
- Switching current: max. 16A for actuators normally closed or electric heater
- Temperature sensor: Air sensor NTC 10K25
- Ambient temperature: 0...50°C
- Setpoint range: 10...30°C
- Temperature adjustment in steps: ± 0.1°C
- Switching hysteresis: adjustable up to max. ± 5°C
- Display accuracy: 0.1°C interpolated and averaged
- clear LCD display with white backlit segments (dimmed after 2 minutes if no action)
- Data retention in case of power failure
- Housing dimensions: 86 x 86 x 42 mm LCD: 86 x 86 x 17 mm
- Protection class: IP20
- Room thermostat cannot be integrated into switch ranges
- Individual daily program (24 hours for each day of the week can be set separately)
- Mounting in flush-mounted socket: horizontal or vertical mounting Ø 60mm
The device has a clear and large LCD display with white rear segments. Already during the design, great importance was attached to intuitive operation via touch control. The display is clearly arranged and the measured room temperature as well as the set point can be determined at a glance. The display shows the minutes, the hours and the respective day of the week. There are 7 standalone daily programs that you can set.
The Digital Thermostat has a display accuracy of 0.1 degrees Celsius. If a power failure no longer supplies your household with energy, all your data remains stored thanks to the backup battery. The thermostat can be used with protection class IP20 in different rooms of a house or apartment. The room thermostat display is divided into 4 main areas:
- In the header area, time and date information including the key lock are displayed. The day of the week and daylight saving time are automatically calculated based on the set date. The automatic summer/winter time changeover can be activated or deactivated accordingly under Settings.
- In the second area, the daily program with the temperature setpoint is displayed. The daily program is divided into 24 segments, representing the 24 hours of a day. In total, the 7 working days form the entire weekly program. A distinction is made between a comfort temperature (for presence) and an ECO temperature (for absence). The comfort temperature can be set differently for each day of the week, while the ECO temperature is valid for all days of the week and can be changed under advanced settings. The Digital Thermostat is delivered by the factory with the following weekly program.
- Below the daily program, the measured room temperature is displayed. In the right area, the Digital Thermostat displays the current status symbols. The layout of the display thus enables an immediate reading of all relevant information.
- The control buttons for controlling the room controller are shown in the foot area. There are a total of 5 buttons available that can be used to quickly make changes to the digital thermostat.
Digital Thermostat Features
During operation, the segment illumination is activated with 100% luminosity. If no further button action takes place after 2 minutes, the lighting is turned down. The strength of the dimm level can be adjusted in the settings depending on the requirement between 0% and 40%. The segment lighting can also be switched off completely within a certain time window, e.g. in order not to cause any light sources at sleep time in the bedroom.
The room controller supports both heating and cooling modes. For cooling mode, the cooling function on your heat pump must also be activated. The effect of the switching contact is then reversed to the heating mode.
The room controller has a total of 3 different options, which sensors should play a role in a control.
- Internal sensor - possible location: water-bearing underfloor heating with actuator
The room temperature is recorded via the internally installed sensor. The external sensor is not needed and does not need to be connected.
- External sensor - possible location Example: water-bearing underfloor heating with actuator
The room temperature is recorded via the external sensor. Depending on the requirements, the temperature can be recorded at a different location than the intended installation location of the room controller
- Internal and external sensor - possible location Example: Electric heating
The room temperature is recorded via the internally installed sensor. The external sensor must be positioned in the floor area when using electric heating mats. The external sensor acts as a heating limiter and ensures that the heating is switched off above a certain floor temperature to prevent floor overheating and combustion. It is imperative that the heating mats used include internal overheating protection.
With the key lock, unwanted changes to the settings by children or strangers can be avoided. To activate the key lock, the On/Off button must be held on for at least 3 seconds. An active key lock is indicated by the corresponding symbol in the display or by the flashing symbol in case someone tries to press any key.
Switching differential and sensor calibration
The switching difference can be used to define the deviation value from which the switching contact should be closed or opened. This can be used to define the magnitude of the hysteresis in the heating system. The hysteresis results from twice the value of the switching difference.
With the sensor calibration, an adjustment of the measured temperature value can be carried out. A calibration should be carried out at the earliest after 24 hours of continuous operation so that final values are available.
The room exciter offers 2 control modes to choose from:
- Two-point controller (recommended for water-bearing underfloor heating)
A two-point controller is a proportional controller and regulates according to the specified switching difference. If the room temperature falls below the setpoint and the switching difference, the switching contact is closed in heating mode. If the room temperature exceeds the setpoint plus the switching difference, the switching contact is opened in heating mode. Consequently, it is regulated according to a hysteresis consisting of double switching difference. A closed switching contact is represented by the active symbol "HEAT" in heating mode. The behavior in cooling mode is analogously inverting.
- PI controller (proportional-integral controller)
A PI controller consists of 2 parts, a P-part and an I-part. The P-component is equivalent to the two-point controller described above and is proportionally acting. The I component, on the other hand, does not have a fixed assignment between the setpoint and the temperature deviation, but is also dependent on the temporal deviation duration. The room controller tries to achieve the specified setpoint optimally based on the PI algorithm. The PI parameters can be changed according to the requirements in the settings.
- Large LCD display with white backlit segment illumination and touch buttons
- Clear display of setpoint temperature and measured room temperature
- Display of time (minutes, hours, day of the week)
- Weekly program with 7 independent day programs
- Temperature measurement adjustable by means of internal or external sensor
- Definition of comfort and ECO temperature valid in the daily program
- Data retention in the event of a power failure by a backup battery
- Heating/cooling, switching differential, calibration, frost protection, display off at night, and much more.
Scope of delivery
- Digital thermostat EL06 for water-bearing underfloor heating / electric heating
- external floor sensor (to be connected only with electric heater / simply omit with actuators) Ø5mm x 26mm, cable length 3m, NTC 10K25
- Instruction manual on German (see TAB Download)
Room thermostat warning
Electronic consumers may only be installed by suitably qualified personnel.