Only remaining stock, successor model: ALM-EL05
Intelligent heating with the room thermostat Touch EL2 for underfloor heating / electric heating
The room thermostat EL2 is ideal as a room temperature controller for electric as well as water-carrying underfloor heating. For optimal temperature control of the room, the room thermostat has an internal sensor that measures the room temperature. If the temperature measured by the room thermostat is below the desired room temperature or set at the room thermostat, an automatic heating contact takes place. This innovative room thermostat underfloor heating technology makes the installation of a floor sensor in water-carrying underfloor heating unnecessary. However, if you want to measure a temperature value at a different location than the placement of the room thermostat, an external temperature sensor or floor sensor can still be attached to the room thermostat Touch for underfloor heating. For electric heaters, the external floor sensor is absolutely necessary, as it acts as a heating limiter or as overheating protection and thus contributes essentially to the safety of electric heaters and avoids overheating of the foot surface.
A room thermostat with intuitive touch screen user interface and glass optics
The Touch EL2 room thermostat can be operated manually and easily and used with temporal heating programs. On the very intuitive and clearly designed touch display, the current room temperature, current time, set temperature and active time interval are displayed. Thanks to the simple operability, a personal daily or weekly heating program tailored to your temperature preferences can be specified in just a few steps. Different block zones can be used to determine the desired room thermostat setpoints in the daily or weekly program. This enables extremely efficient and ecological heating, which ensures a noticeable reduction in energy costs. A preset work program already specifies a daily and weekly heating program for the new installation of the room thermostat Touch for underfloor heating, which can be easily adapted to your individual wishes.
- Operating voltage: AC 230V
- Power consumption: <0.5W (VA)
- Switching current: max. 16A for actuators closed without electricity or electric heating
- Temperature range: 5°C ~ 60°C
- Temperature sensor: Air sensor NTC 10K@25°C
- Temperature setting in steps: ± 0.5°C
- Switching hysteresis: adjustable 1°C - 9°C
- Display accuracy: 0.5°C
- Display: LCD Touch with backlight (goes out after 15 seconds if no action)
- Data retention in the event of a power failure
- Dimensions housing: 86 x 86 x 40 mm LCD: 86 x 86 x 13 mm
- Protection class: IP20
- Room thermostat cannot be integrated into switch programs
- Individual weekly program (5+2, 6+1, 7 days regulation)
- Mounting in UP-can: Horizontal mounting Ø 60mm
scope of delivery:
- Room thermostat Touch for water-carrying underfloor heating or electric heating
- Mounting material
- external floor sensor 10K@25°C (only to be connected with electric heating / simply omit it for actuators)
- User manual in German and English
Please note that the display is provided with 2 screen protectors and the lower film is almost invisible!
The characteristics of the room thermostat Touch for underfloor heating EL2
The individual programming can be programmed in six time intervals on working days and two time intervals on weekends. The room thermostat Touch weekly program can be controlled in three different variations:
- 5 + 2 days (6 blocks valid on all working days Mon-Fri, 2 blocks valid on Sat and Sun)
- 6 + 1 days (6 blocks valid on weekdays Mon-Sat, 2 blocks valid on Sun)
- 7 days (6 blocks valid on all weekdays Mon-Sun)
In addition, the room thermostat Touch for underfloor heating is equipped with a parental control or button lock, which can avoid unauthorized change of the settings.
The special functions of the room thermostat Touch
- a soil temperature limit. It makes it possible, especially for electric heaters, to set a maximum floor heating value and is absolutely necessary for electric heating systems.
- a frost protection function that does not allow the room temperature to fall below 5 degrees Celsius. This can be easily activated in the menu of the room thermostat.
- when connecting the room thermostat to an actuator for controlling underfloor heating, only 3 wires are required (L-phase, N-zero conductor and L1 -switching contact to the actuator). Contacts N and N1 are bridged internally and require only 1 line.
- temperature calibration, which compares the displayed actual value with the actual room temperature value and, if necessary, corrects it. In sensor mode, the room thermostat Touch offers whether the room temperature control should only be done via the internal temperature sensor or via the external or both sensors.
Warning about the room thermostat
Electronic consumers may only be installed by suitably qualified specialists.