Room thermostat Touch EL3 for underfloor heating / electric heating
The room thermostat EL3 is excellently suited as a room temperature controller for electric as well as water-carrying underfloor heating systems. For optimal temperature control of the room, the room thermostat has an internal sensor that measures the room temperature. If the temperature measured by the room thermostat is below the desired room temperature or set at the room thermostat, an automatic heating contact takes place. This room thermostat underfloor heating technology eliminates the need to install a floor sensor in water-carrying underfloor heating systems. However, if you want to measure a temperature value at a location other than the placement of the room thermostat, an external temperature sensor or floor sensor can still be attached to the Room Thermostat Touch for underfloor heating. For electric heating, the external floor sensor is absolutely necessary, as it acts as a heating limiter or as an overheating protection and thus contributes essential to the safety of electric heating systems and avoids overheating of the floor covering.
A room thermostat with intuitive touchscreen user interface and glass optics
The Touch EL2 room thermostat can be operated manually and can be used with time heating programs. The very intuitive and clearly designed touch display shows you the current room temperature, current time, set temperature and active time interval. Thanks to its ease of use, a personal daily or weekly heating program tailored to your temperature preferences can be specified in just a few steps. Various block zones can be used to set the desired room thermostat setpoints in the daily or weekly program. This enables extremely efficient and ecological heating, which ensures a noticeable reduction in energy costs. A pre-set factory program already provides a daily and weekly heating program for the new installation of the Room Thermostat Touch for underfloor heating, which can be easily adapted to your individual wishes.
- Operating voltage: AC 230V
- Power Consumption: <0.5W (VA)
- Switching current: max. 16A for actuators closed without power or electric heating
- Temperature range: 5°C x 60°C
- Temperature sensor: Air sensor NTC
- Temperature setting in increments: ± 0.5°C
- Switching hysteresis: adjustable 1°C - 9°C
- Display accuracy: 0.5°C
- Display: noble LCD display with touch (display is dimmed if no action after 15 seconds)
due to the black glass look, the display is quite reflective
- Data retention in the event of a power failure
- Dimensions Of housing: 86 x 86 x 40 mm LCD: 86 x 86 x 13 mm
- Protection class: IP20
- Room thermostat cannot be integrated into switch programs
- Individual weekly programme (5+2, 6+1, 7 days regulation)
- Mounting in UP-Dose: Horizontal fastening of 60mm
- Room thermostat for water-carrying underfloor heating or electric heating
- Mounting material
- external ground sensor (connect only for electric heating / easy to omit for actuators)
- User manual in German and English
Please note that the display is equipped with 2 screen protectors and the lower film is almost invisible!
Features Room thermostat underfloor heating
Individual programming can be programmed in six time intervals on weekdays and two time intervals on weekends. The room thermostat Touch weekly program can be controlled in three different variations:
- 5 + 2 days (6 blocks valid on all working days Mon-Fri, 2 blocks valid at Sat and Sun)
- 6 + 1 days (6 blocks valid on weekdays Mon-Sat, 2 blocks valid on Sun)
- 7 days (6 blocks valid on all weekdays Mon-Sun)
In addition, the Room Thermostat Touch for underfloor heating is equipped with a parental control or key lock, which can avoid unauthorized change of settings.
The special functions of the Room Thermostat Touch
- a ground temperature limit. It enables the setting of a maximum floor heating value, especially for electric heating systems, and is absolutely necessary for electric heating systems.
- a frost protection function that does not allow the room temperature to fall below 5 degrees Celsius. This can be easily activated in the menu of the room thermostat.
- when connecting the room thermostat to an actuator to control underfloor heating, only 3 wires are required (L-phase, N - zero conductor and L1 - switching contact to the actuator). Contacts N and N1 are internally bridged and require only 1 line.
- Temperature calibration that compares the displayed actual value with the actual room temperature value and corrects it if necessary. In sensor mode, the room thermostat offers touch whether the room temperature control should only be done via the internal temperature sensor or via the external or both sensors.
Warning about the room thermostat
Electronic consumers may only be installed by suitably qualified specialists.